The Scientific Library of Zhytomyr National Agroecological University is an educational, scientific, interactive, culture and educational structural subdivision.
It has fast and comfortable free access to the informational resources in the local and distant regimes. The Library provides quantitative and operative service and proposes the general electronic catalogue, the public record office, electronic library, the total data bases of the world countries, virtual function “Ask the Librarian”, chat “Help on-line” electronic data delivery, free Internet, printing, scanning, xerocopy etc. The Library Fund is more than 465 thousand of editions.
The Scientific Library was founded in 1922, as the Library of Volyn Agronomic Technical School. The University has been changing as well as the name of the Library. Thus, it was named as the Library of Zhytomyr Agroecological Institute of Industrial Crops in 1930, the Library of Zhytomyr Agrocultural Institute in 1934, the Library of the state Agroecological Academy (Zhytomyr) in 1994, the Library of the State Agroecological University in 2001 (Zhytomyr), The Scientific Library of Zhytomyr National Agroecological University.
According to the rector’s order №377 from 30.10.2003 the Library got the status of the Phi Beta House of Zhytomyr Region. Nowadays, it includes 10 libraries of the Agricultural Technical Schools, Colleges, Research Institutions in Zhytomyr Region.
The Scientific Library is situated in the corpus of the Agronomy Faculty, designed in modernized Baroque style and is registered as the state Monument. There are 6 reading halls. The University Historical Museum is situated in the Library.
Address: Staryi Blvd 7, Zhytomyr 10008, Zhytomyr National Agroecological University, the Scientific Library;
tel.: (0412) 22-15-10.